On March 21, 1990, the Namibia flag was recognized, with independence from South Africa.
The flag has a red diagonal band with a white edge that radiates diagonally from the lower corner of the lift. blue with a golden sun with 12 triangular rays is the upper triangle and the lower triangle is green.
the Namibian National Symbols Subcommittee selected the national flag design. 870 flag entries were carefully reviewed and six were shortlisted.
Finally, three designs were chosen from the six entries selected and made form the Namibian national flag. Don Stevenson, Orthod Kelly, and Theo Jankowski design the flag.
The Namibian Constituent Assembly approved the final design of the flag on February 2, 1990. The flag unveiled On March 9, 1990, and three designers were recognized by the Chairman of the Flag Selection Committees.
Namibian national flag design
The Namibian flag has two triangles separated by a diagonal band between them. The upper triangle is blue and the lower is green. The diagonal stripe between them is red and borders on white.
From the bottom corner of the elevator to the opposite corner of the flag is pulled. The upper triangle has a golden sun with 12 triangular rays radiating from four sides.
Colors and symbols
The colors and symbols of the flag all have their own meaning. Blue is a symbol of the sky and the ocean, both of which play a vital role in the welfare of the country.
The red color indicates the people of the country, their courage, and determination to achieve an equal opportunity for all in the future. The white color in the flag is a symbol of unity and peace.
Green shows the agricultural wealth and vegetation of the country.
Red-Namibia’s most important source is its people. It refers to their heroism and determination to build a future with equal opportunities for all.
White – represents peace and unity.
Green – a symbol of vegetation and agricultural resources.
Blue – Represents the clean sky of Namibia and the Atlantic Ocean, the country’s valuable water, and rain resources.
Golden Yellow Sun – Life and Energy
Namibia Flag Color Codes
Namibia Flag Facts
- Namibia’s national flag design based on three flag designs was shortlisted for 800 titles.
- The golden color of the sun on the Namibian flag also represents the Namib Desert.
- The Malibu emblem has a shield that reproduces the national flag. It also includes oryx and eagle fish, both of which are found in the country.
Pictures of Namibia flag
Copy and paste this emoji:
Download images of Namibia flag
Download free images of Namibia flag in four formats(PNG, JPG, Icon and SVG)
The Republic Of Namibia
It also has a slightly less than 200-meter-long border with Zimbabwe from the east. its capital is Windhoek and this city is the most populous city in the country.
This country is a member of the United Nations, the African Union, and the Commonwealth of Independent States. The official language of this country is English and its population is 2.6 million.
The currency of this country is the Namibian dollar. Eighty-five percent of the population is Christian, and the remaining 15 percent follow indigenous religions
Nearly 2,000 years ago, present-day Namibia was the home of the Sunni people, after which the people migrated to Namibia in 1600 AD whenever they spoke Banton.
Today, most of the people of Namibia are Ovambots, who immigrated to Namibia in the 1800s.
In the late 15th century, the Portuguese sailor Bartolomo Diaz became the first European to visit Namibia. Namibia used to be called Southwest Africa. The region became a German colony in 1884.
Between 1904 and 1908, German forces massacred tens of thousands of members of the Herro tribe, who were killed because they had revolted against German colonization.
In 1915, with Germany involved in World War I, South Africa seized the opportunity to seize Namibia. In 1921, Namibia was ceded to South Africa as a United Nations-administered territory.
Upon the dissolution of the United Nations in 1946, South Africa refused to accept the extradition of Namibia to the United Nations and the return of Namibia owed to it by the United Nations.
The black Marxist separatist group, known as the Southwestern African People’s Organization (SWAPO), was formed in 1960 with the aim of helping this small-scale insurgent group achieve independence.
In 1966, the United Nations once again warned South Africa to secede from the region, but again South Africa did not fall.
In 1974, a UN resolution called for the transfer of Namibian power from South Africa to the United Nations.
South African Prime Minister Balthazar Worcester rejected the resolution, saying his government was ready to negotiate for Namibia’s independence but not with Swapo. The United Nations later recognized Swapo as the legitimate representative of the Namibian people.
In 1985, after the overthrow of the government and the dismantling of apartheid and multi-ethnicity in South Africa and the installation of a new government in the country.
Finally, in 1988, South Africa agreed to Namibia’s independence plan.
Although Namibia is a large country, it has a small population due to its desert nature.
The population of Namibia is 2 million 88 thousand 669 people with an average age of 20.7 years.
- Namibia is a vast country, But the desert situation is based on a small population. The population is 3 million and the average age in the country is generally at 7 to 20 years.
- Life expectancy among women is 38 to 49 years and for men, this age has reached 50 years.
- In general, between 80 and 90 percent of the population is Christian and the language of this country is English. Namibia has no special position in terms of hijab, But people have abandoned traditional clothing.
- Local languages, especially African languages, have a very specific position in Namibia; As it turns out, the people in this country have the best economic approach.
- It is good to know that the local languages for this country are under the control of the government and you do not have allowed using all the languages in this country.
- The people of this country are kind; But as it turns out, there is a lot of prejudice against the Namibian flag.
- The use of green, red and blue colors with white lines along with the symbol of the sun in this country is a sign of life expectancy, life expectancy is very usual among the people of this country.
- Namibian culture includes the best special policies, the political situation is very pleasant. It is better to know that the culture of life is very important among the people.
Namibia is a country in South Africa. The location of the western border of this country has been studied by the Atlantic Ocean.
It has borders with Angola and Zambia to the north, Botswana to the east, and South Africa to the south.
the capital is Windhoek of Namibia and it is the most populous city in the country.
It is on the United Nations list on the African Union and is also on the list of Commonwealth countries.
Namibia is located in southern Africa and northwestern Botswana and covers an area of 825,615 square kilometers. The most important cities in this country are Wallis Bay as well as Rondo.
According to the divisions made in this country, there are 14 provinces, which include 121 cities.
The economic situation in the field of minerals as well as in the field of uranium has grown a lot.